this page are some facts
about Africa and its rainforests.
* Africa is the
world's second-largest continent.
* The continent can be divided into two distinctive parts - (mostly
Africa; and (mostly Christian) Africa south
Another way to
divide it is the western
used to be colonialised by French), and the eastern half (which
be colonialised by English). This is still reflected in culture and
* Africa used to be part of Gondwana
* It is a continent of large climatic contrasts from arid deserts to
* Population of Africa
is about 800 million people.
* More than 60% of the population of Africa depends on agriculture for
* About 20% of Africa is covered by rainforests.
* These are located mostly in central and western Africa, however there
are some rainforests in eastern and southern parts too, in countries
like Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Mosambique and Zimbabwe.
* In the rainforests there are indigenous
who still live
their traditional life there.
* The animals
Africa are giraffe, lion, zebra, and rainforest dwellers
Gorillas and Chimpanzees. Drought
This site uses British English, which is the English we use in
This website is about interesting facts about rainforests.
trying to be comprehensive. Although best efforts
have been made to
that all the information on this
site is correct, rainforest-facts.com
be blamed should
there be a mistake. Copyright
All contents of this website are strictly protected by the Law of
does that mean?